A Mother and her Two Daughters

13 January 2011

An End-of-Cancer Celebration



Monday is going to be my final cancer treatment.  WOW!  It’s difficult to even describe how my heart feels being on the other side of cancer – me the victor, cancer put to shame.  I’ll write more about this later but I wanted to share with friends a significant moment in this long journey. 


I’ve written about the Seed of Hope ceremony twice on this blog – the first time after attending the grand opening of the UAMS Rockefeller Cancer Institute, and the second time when UAMS launched its Seed of Hope web site. 

If it had not snowed and I hadn’t missed my Monday appointment, tomorrow would have been my last treatment.  Instead it will be this coming Monday, the MLK holiday.  But Anna-Lee leaves that day to return to college, and she really wanted to be a part of this UAMS end-of-treatment celebration, to help me toss my token into the sculpture.   

So, tomorrow at 1:00 will be our significant moment to share with my UAMS healing team.  This is my big day to toss the token into the Seed of Hope, to celebrate the end of my treatment, to tell the world that I’ve been cured of cancer!  We’re looking forward to the celebration and if you have the time to celebrate with us, then come on by and we’ll laugh and cry and hug one another!  And then maybe we’ll go to Starbucks afterwards and enjoy a hot cup of coffee.  

I’m very excited about this celebration.  I feel among the fortunate to be called a cancer survivor, to have completed my treatment plan and to have ultimately kicked cancer's butt!    

P.S.  Woo Hoo!  Did I tell you how excited I am??  WooHoo!  

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Stacy, on finishing your treatment! You waged the battle with strength, grace, and much bravery.
    I am happy for you and I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! Congratulations, Stacy, you are a fighter indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYAYAY!! I'm so excited for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you should continue the blog if you want to. We all have learned so much from you as you made your journey through cancer. You still have so much to share with others about the next chapter of your life. There is still so much we and you can learn. But the decision is up to you. Love you

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Statistics