- Made a list of everything I love to eat. Then went to the market and bought all the ingredients. I’m only going to eat things I covet between now and next Friday.
- Wrote 24 thank you notes. Then ordered more notes to send to friends who have sent food, flowers, potted lavender, angel pins, meditation books, healing crosses and prayer shawls – and boxing gloves too.
- Called the repair man and got my gate fixed so “The Great Canine Escape Artist” (a.k.a. Abbey) can’t roam the neighborhood anymore.
- Bought paper goods, toiletries, and dog/cat food to last for a month.
- Abbey got a bath.
- Located a good wig store in North Little Rock. Did you know you can get almost any color and style you want, and they’ll even cut a wig to match the cut you have right now??
- Found a very cool web site to purchase high-fashion turbans. I even found a very dressy one to wear Easter and to Allyson and Anna-Lee’s graduations.
- Cleaned out a few closets.
- Ordered a new bumper for my car. Did I forget to tell you that somebody wrecked my car the morning I found out I had cancer? It was really a bad day!
- Downloaded some relaxing music for daily meditation.
- Reviewed the "favorite food list", then made some adjustments. Went to another market and bought more food.
- Found another web site that carries Raquel Welch wigs. Maybe, much later, when I get new body parts, I can get some other stuff that looks like Raquel Welch. HA!!!
- Bought new sheets for Allyson’s bed – she comes home Tuesday to spend almost a week at home!
26 February 2010
When the girls were small and we would head to the beach every summer, it seemed like it took at least a week to get all the shopping, packing and preparations completed. And I would have never made it without my annual "Beach Trip To Do List."
This morning, after a very good sleep last night (FINALLY!), I had one important goal today – get myself ready for cancer. Okay – not as much fun as the beach, but it is still very necessary, and only seven days left to get there. So, here is my list, which resulted in a very productive day.
Just like preparing for the beach, or a political campaign, or even moving to a new home, I’m making my list and running my errands. I’m trying to get ready for cancer. What have I left out? If you think of anything, let me know.
Posted by Stacy Sells at 7:18 PM