A Mother and her Two Daughters

21 December 2010

It's Never Too Late . . .

My friend Nancy, also a breast cancer survivor, passes this along tonight.  Amen Nancy!  I think those of us who have plunged into the depths of a life-threatening diagnosis can understand.


For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.   

             - Benjamin Button
             The Curious Case of Benjamin Button



I've been very busy the past several days.  This past weekend was my niece Olivia's wedding - my brother Mike's youngest daughter.  It was a special weekend quite full of  ceremony and family festivities.  And we could not have witnessed anything more beautiful than the marriage of Olivia and her new husband, Jon Abernathy.

I've also been quite busy with daily radiation treatments (side effects seem to be minimal at this point) and the planning of the 2011 Arkansas Governor's Inauguration, scheduled for January 10th and 11th.  I love keeping busy with life - it all feels good!

Hope you are all taking the time to slow down and enjoy the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics